Business Development Representative
Remote – Full Time – US
Gray Decision Intelligence is searching for a highly motivated, self-starter to play a pivotal role in connecting colleges and universities with the solutions they need to implement a comprehensive Program Evaluation System (PES). The Business Development Representative will help establish relationships and close new sales opportunities through Gray DI’s Program Evaluation System (PES) subscriptions. PES offers the best available data and software to help colleges and universities choose programs that attract students, lead to promising careers for graduates, and ensure the institution’s financial viability.
- Ensure timely responses to Sales Qualified Leads by making outbound calls and crafting custom, compelling emails to engage prospective clients, qualify leads, and schedule appointments
- Achieve outreach goals for calls and emails to move qualified prospects through the sales funnel to the proposal stage
- Meet or exceed regional targets for new accounts and new revenue
- Ensure prospective accounts are well-informed about our latest solutions and resources
- Leverage your strong communication skills to build rapport, understand client needs, and clearly present the value of Gray DI’s data-informed solutions
- Partner with marketing to execute compelling regional marketing initiatives to promote our latest solutions and insights
- Stay ahead of the curve by monitoring market trends, competitor activities, and emerging academic programs
- Accurately track progress, update information, and support effective sales reporting by entering all sales activities into the Sales CRM (HubSpot)
- Working closely with internal teams to ensure a seamless customer experience and contribute to successful deal closures
- Stay ahead of trends in higher education by monitoring market trends competitor activity, and learn from experienced mentors
- Highly motivated self-starter who can work remotely with minimal oversight
- Proven track record of meeting outreach goals (making calls, sending emails, and setting appointments)
- Proven track record of meeting sales revenue goals
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Comfortable discussing complex data, reports, and analyses
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with clients and key stakeholders, including Presidents, Provosts, and CFOs
- Strategic thinker with strong problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong team player, able to work well with people at all levels and in various roles, including Customer Success, Software Development, and Company Leadership, including frequent interaction with the SVP of Business Development, SVP of Marketing, and CEO
- Willingness and ability to travel to higher-education conferences and Gray DI Workshops
Preferred, but not required (we are willing to teach the right candidate):
- In-depth knowledge of the higher education industry, higher education software buyers, and market dynamics
- CRM experience, ideally HubSpot Sales
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Join us at Gray Decision Intelligence and play a pivotal role in shaping the success of our innovative software solutions for higher education. Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of a dynamic and collaborative team.
If you are interested, please send an email with your resume to Lisa.Piatek@GrayDI.us.
This job description provides a high-level overview of the responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not exhaustive and may be subject to change or modification based on the company’s needs.
About Gray Decision Intelligence: Gray DI provides data, software and facilitated processes that power higher-education decisions. Our data and AI insights inform program choices, optimize finances, and fuel growth in a challenging market – one data-informed decision at a time.
Gray DI is an equal-opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.